I'm interested in scuba diving. How do I get started?
Become a Certified Scuba Diver with an Open Water Diver Certification.
I'd like to take a scuba diving trip. Any suggestions?
TD Scuba organizes multiple diving trips a year. We'd love for you to join us.
Where is the best place to buy scuba gear?
I'm not sure I'm ready to get certified yet. Can I try it out first?
Yes you can. Click Try Scuba Diving to get all the details.
What does it mean that you are a PADI 5 Star Dive Center?
PADI Five Star Dive Centers are progressive dive shops that provide a full range of PADI scuba diving education programs, equipment selection and experience opportunities, while encouraging aquatic environmental responsibility. These businesses excel in providing quality services to divers, present a professional image and actively promote the benefits of recreational scuba diving, snorkeling, dive travel, and environmental protection. PADI Five Star Dive Centers embrace the PADI System of diver education and offer regular continuing education programs to ensure divers have the opportunity to advance their skills and knowledge. These dive businesses are active in the community and are committed to providing customer satisfaction along with great dive experiences.
What is PADI?
PADI stands for Professional Association of Diving Instructors.
What does SCUBA stand for?
Have you ever wondered, what does SCUBA stand for?
How can diving transform my life?
1. Experience the world from a new perspective — Diving allows you to explore the other 71 percent of the planet covered in water. It provides opportunities to find adventure in uncharted waters, travel to unique destinations, encounter wildlife and interact with cultures you might not otherwise meet. You’ll even experience things right in your own hometown that you never knew were there.
2. Secure a much needed “mental health day” — Self-care is essential for overall wellness. Being submerged underwater allows you to experience absolute peace and quiet from outside distractions. If you’re a multitasker and juggle a lot in your life, scuba diving allows you to focus on the here-and-now, escaping the stresses of the topside world. Relaxation and Fun!
3. Discover a whole new social sphere — Diving is a social sport, allowing you to meet and interact with others who share common interests and a passion for adventure, travel and the underwater world.
4. Obtain a sense of accomplishment and pride — Each dive leads to personal growth. Whether you are trying it for the first time or you have logged 1000+ dives, every dive, every certification, every adventure, leads to new experiences that build confidence.
5. Advocate for the ocean and the planet — Diving fosters appreciation for the underwater environment and its connection to our life on land. Through dive adventures, you can be exposed to people who can inspire and educate you about aquatic habitats, the importance of preserving them and how you can make a difference.
Where can I find the Medical Release Form?
Click Medical Release Form.
Where can I find the Liability Release Form?
Open Water Students, Try Scuba Divers, Scuba Tune Up Divers -- Please print, review, complete, and bring a Diver Liability Release Form to your training session.